So you are a working mom too, huh?
I am glad I work but at the same time it is so hard to handle life with three kids on our schedule. Today I’ve put together 6 tips to help you manage life as a working mom.
1. Meal plan! The crock pot is the best invention ever! Before I start work, dinner goes in the crock pot. This leaves so much more time at night time. Plus, if I’m working late, it means the kids won’t be eating just chicken nuggets or peanut butter that my hubby makes for them! Spam me with your favorite crock pot meals!
2. Laundry. Yuck, that word!!!! Unfortunately, it’s got to be done! So aim for that one load a day. (This includes washing, drying, folding, and putting away!).
3. Grocery pickup! Our Kroger recently got ClickList. This is the awesome. I can compile the grocery list, while sitting at home watching Scandal. Then I can schedule to pick up the next day or depending on the time of day, sometimes the same day. Bonus, they also take coupons at pickup. I had tried some other services but you couldn’t use coupons. Kroger also offers your first three times free. Then it is just a fee of 4.95.
4. Make lists. I struggle with this often. I will think about the fact that I need to do something, then I forget to write it down! Two days later, I finally remember. Last night, I decided to put a list next to my bed for that middle of the night thinking.
5. Figure out what is most important to you. I cloth diapered my children, but then half way through my youngest’s first year I gave up. I felt so much guilt about it, but I truly didn’t have time. Yes, cloth diapering doesn’t take much but when you are struggling to find an extra 30 minutes in your day, let it go. Yes I will spend more on disposables, but this means I can take that all important shower!
6. Hand off some of that list. If you are married or have a partner, give them some of your to do list. Yes, you can probably do it better. But even if its not done the exact way you would have done it, it will still be done and off your list.
What ways do you manage your limited time?