Have you tried Matcha yet? Matcha is a green tea powder that is loaded with antioxidants. I was lucky enough to be able to try Kiss Me Organics Organic Matcha Powder.
Usually I just dissolve the green tea powder in some ice water and enjoy a refreshing drink. But this time I decided to experiment with some additional ways to use matcha.
- Adding it to coffee instead of using a sweetener. It won’t be as sweet as sugar, but it is subtly sweet. Plus it brings those all important antioxidants early in the morning!
- Granola. Add some matcha to your granola! It adds a little sweet taste.
- Popsicles!!!! Add some matcha and water into popsicle molds and freeze them. This is super tasty and as soon as summer comes, you’ll be loving the refreshment!
- Miso soup. I love ordering miso soup from the local Japanese restaurant, but it seems to either be bland or too salty! Adding matcha will give it a little more flavor and reduce the saltiness!
- Enjoy it on bagel! Mix some matcha into your favorite cream cheese and spread it over your bagel!
- Mojitos or other fruity alcoholic drinks! Just mix it right into the shaker. Go on, add some healthiness to that drink!
- Smoothies! Mix it up with a banana, cup of almond milk, a little bit of honey and some matcha.
- Green tea latte, just like Starbucks! Combine 1tsp matcha powder with 2 oz of hot water, stir. Then pour 6 ounces of steamed milk over it!
- Spice Rub: Combine 1 tsp matcha, 1/1 teaspoon each black pepper, salt, ginger, thyme, and chili. Add 1/8 teaspoon cumin. Store in a container for up to 6 months~
- Freeze it! Put some matcha in ice trays, fill with water, and use in drinks to cool them off!